Looking for a Senior developer/programmer for our client based in Houston.
Role : Programmer
Location : Houston, Texas
Duration : Permanent
Salary : 90k - 110k + Benefits
Travel : No
Visa. : No sponsorship and for only US citizens / Green card holders.
Role: To analyze, maintain, design, and develop new and existing software programs. Perform core software administration and provide guidance, instructions, and support to all levels of credit union staff and members.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
-40% Administrator, designs and encodes Core systems and software as directed.-30% Maintains, modifies and writes programs/scripts as directed.
-10% Investigates program errors, defines problems, debugs programs, tests results, and implements changes.
-10% Assists users in solving system problems and trains users in system operations.
-10% Performs other job related duties as assigned.
1.Research and resolve issues related to any in-house or purchased software application, acrossmultiple hardware platforms and programming languages in a timely manner.
2.Communicate effectively with users at all levels to understand their job functions, business needsand strategic direction.
3.Develop and maintain knowledge of each users' department's duties, computerized informationsystems and underlying data to successfully design and develop the systems and programs to meettheir needs.
4.Expand skill set by learning new languages, techniques, and systems and share this knowledge andexperience with other members of the programming team.
5.Provide system support services on-site, on-line and/or via telephone during working hours andon-call after normal working hours responding to calls or messages.
6. Keep management informed of any key issues affecting the department.
Knowledge and Skills: Experience Two years to five years of similar or related experience in structured programming including Java, HTML, CSS or DOM, Java Script, MS Access, MS SQL and reporting, Jasper Soft is a plus.
(1) A two year college degree or
(2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or
(3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
Interpersonal SkillsCourtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contactwith others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.
Ability to think orderly, logically and analytically and strong problem solving skills. Must havegood communication skills. Corelation software and prior banking or credit union experience ispreferred.
1. Accountability: Answerable and responsible for actions and performance either individually or on a team.
2. Analytical Skills: Ability to observe, evaluate, summarize, and apply meaningful data in the problem-solving process. Level logical reasoning necessary to connect required actions to desired outcomes.
Ability to forecast events based upon current situations. Demonstrated skill in generating alternative solutions to problems.
3. Compliance: Demonstrates an understanding of and follows established policies, practices, and regulations, including those defined by Government Regulations, OSHA, and other designated programs. Ability to observe and correct areas of non-compliance and assist area personnel in meeting defined standards and requirements.
4. Ethics: Trustworthiness, character, professionalism, confidentiality, and honesty in dealing withinternal or external customers.
5. Feedback: Degree to which the individual lets others know how well they have performed and if they have met the standards and expectations of the assignment. Appropriate use of positive and negative feedback in attempting to achieve expectationsand employee performance.
6. Follow Through: Demonstrates reliability and a full commitment to complete assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision.Willingness to take responsibility for actions, solve problems as they arise, keep all parties fully informed, and stay with a job through all stages of completion.
7. Job Knowledge:Know-how to perform the job. Applies know-how in performing the job.Degree of know-how acquired to understand other organizational functions and the credit union's strategic objectives.
8. Problem Solving: Ability to define and offer solutions to resolve problems. Uses knowledge of the organization to identify helpful resources